INIBICO offers the following WORKSHOP about Dendrobatid Biology in 2005:
The workshop is directed to national and international students, field investigators, RAP survey personnel, government authorities, hobbyists, and all interested persons, who want to know more about dendrobatid biology in original habitats.
The world's first Dendrobatid Biology Workshop of INIBICO will be hold at Tarapoto the second half of August. We try to get a Sponsor to help low income students to participate- but no warrant for this yet. Interesting Students should ask their Conservation International offices, Universities or other local sponsors to pay the stay and flight perhaps. This time the Workshop is more expensive than the last with Conservation International Columbia- as we will travel to several sites in San Martin and also go by boat. Camping gear required. Full Program will be uploaded on the Website. Certificate of participation will be given.
If you want to participate or if you want more information, please mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Topics are:
1) Theoretical classes about species presence, distribution and general biology.
2) Species Field Detection Training, using newest methods.
3) Call Recordings and Analysis.
4) Tadpole determination.
5) Photographic and Video documentation.
6) Home range, Home-Plant and Breeding- Plant recognition.
7) Copy Species Problematics.
8) Field investigation and intensive management methods.
9) Several night investigations are included.
10) Atelopus pulcher habitat training also included (Frog Valley).
11) Related species issue: Heliconius butterflies, Apistogramma and Corydoras fishes.